BEST AVAILABLE TECHNOLOGIES FROM FINLAND
Finland is a forerunner in clean technologies and the bioeconomy. The Finnish government has shown consistent and considerable commitment to the development of these sectors. As a proof of the success, the Global Cleantech Innovation Index in 2014 ranked Finland second best in the world.
Finnish companies provide a wide spectrum of cleantech and bioeconomy products, processes and services. They include offering related to
- harvesting and logistics of biomass
- renewable energy and smart grids
- forest products and processes
- energy efficiency for buildings, industry and traffic
- waste sorting systems and waste-to-energy solutions
- cleantech for ships and harbours
- water chemicals and effluent treatment
Based on the Memorandum of Understanding between Tekes, Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation, and Finep, the Brazilian Agency for Innovation, Tekes and Finep launches this Joint Call for Industrial R&D projects.
The main objective of this Joint Call is to support Finnish and Brazilian companies to develop cooperative projects to boost the innovative content of their products aiming at the world market. Any technological area is covered by this Call.
However, the following areas have a special interest from the participating countries:
- Comprehensive utilization of waste, energy conservation and energy efficiency (including industrial energy saving, green building, renewable energy etc.)
- Bioeconomy solutions
- Bioenergy for industry
- Shipping industry